Clearing MS Teams Cache for Windows Desktop
To clear MS Teams cache please follow the steps below:
1. Fully exit the Microsoft Teams desktop client. To do this, either right click Teams from the Icon Tray and select ‘Quit’, or run Task Manager and fully kill the process.
2. Go to File Explorer, and type in %appdata%\Microsoft\teams.
3. Once in the directory, you’ll see a few of the following folders:
- From ‘Application Cache’, go to Cache and delete any of the files in the Cache location. “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\application cache\cache”
- From ‘Blob_storage’, delete any files that are located in here if any. “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\blob_storage”
- Within ‘Cache’, delete all files “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\Cache”
- Within ‘databases’, delete all files “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\databases”
- Within ‘GPUCache’, delete all files “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\GPUcache”
- Within ‘IndexedDB’, delete the .db file “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\IndexedDB”
- Within ‘Local Storage’, delete all files “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\Local Storage”
- Lastly, from ‘tmp’, delete any file “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\tmp”
4. Once finally done clearing, you can now restart Teams from your local desktop and all cache will be cleared from the desktop app.